fbpx

Join the Conversation

Notifications
Clear all

This site is still in beta testing so please excuse any performance issues. If you find a problem, by all means let us know in the "How can we make this site more useful" forum.  Thanks and enjoy!

I need to talk to someone face to face, online.  

FreeAssociates
(@freeassoc)
Worklife@Home Team Admin

What are the tools you can use to chat, share screens, or share music? We have some we like. We bet you do, too!

Posted : 25/03/2020 9:55 pm
Kevin Consales
(@kevinc)

Both my kid's colleges went online and both have adopted Zoom as the application of choice for lectures and professor office hours.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2020 2:06 am
FreeAssociates
(@freeassoc)
Worklife@Home Team Admin

We've been using join.me for years for conferences and screen-sharing. It's really well-suited for the latter because of its built-in markup tools: highlighter, pen, pointer are all useful when you're making visual connections with your team. Haven't used it as much for face-to-face contact. But we tend to look at things together more often than we need to look at each other. It's good for online presentations, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2020 6:10 am
Tim Miller
(@timm)

That chat I talked about in my topic happened on Zoom. But we use Slack a lot at work, and it's pretty amazing. Really quick and easy to get a call going. Great screensharing and mark-up tools. We've been using it even more now that we're all stuck working from home. And it makes it easier. Feels like your friends and coworkers are still around and you can stay connected. 

This post was modified 7 months ago by Tim Miller
ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2020 12:57 am
Amy BC
(@amy-bc)
Member Moderator

We use Zoom for my son's school (nothing cuter than a whole bunch of 5 year olds on a video call!). For family, you can now do group Facetime calls. You just click on video chat from a group text message.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2020 3:35 pm
FreeAssociates
(@freeassoc)
Worklife@Home Team Admin

Dropbox just announced you can now "save transcripts and video from your Zoom Meetings directly to Dropbox, and help everyone stay up to date, even if they can’t attend live."

That sounds like a pretty useful addition for distributed teams working from home, no?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2020 6:41 pm
Josh Freeman
(@joshf)
Member Admin

I notice that Zoom now has some great screen markup tools. Better than join.me's. And they work with the free version, not just the paid one.  Zoom got 600,000 new users in a single day in March, so they are probably pretty stressed right now. But it'll settle down and seems to be becoming the standard. Great system.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2020 6:41 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: