fbpx

Join the Conversation

Notifications
Clear all

This site is still in beta testing so please excuse any performance issues. If you find a problem, by all means let us know in the "How can we make this site more useful" forum.  Thanks and enjoy!

Fun things to do at home with small children?  

Lizzybeth
(@lizzybeth)

Do you want to share some ideas of games and activities for little kids? Mine are bored, and I'd love to hear your suggestions for creative play. Maybe it'll keep them busy so I can get some work done! ? ❤️ 

Posted : 29/03/2020 8:02 pm
FreeAssociates
(@freeassoc)
Worklife@Home Team Admin

I found a couple of cool-looking resources online:

Today's Parent has a list of 20 indoor games that look fun and varied.

And Savvy Tokyo has 8 games that might help your kids (and you) learn a little Japanese and experience another culture!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2020 8:06 pm
Lizzybeth
(@lizzybeth)

Thanks @josh! I already speak a little Japanese, and would love to try some of those games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2020 8:07 pm
gabe
 gabe
(@gabe)

This is a great time to encourage kids to explore their own interests -- if they are old enough to do so. Teaching them how to learn on their own, whether through DIY YouTube videos or forums etc, is an amazing skill they will use for the rest of their lives ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2020 6:05 am
Lizzybeth
(@lizzybeth)

@gabe Thanks. You're right. ? Learning how to learn is really what education is all about. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2020 6:58 pm
gabe liked
Josh Freeman
(@joshf)
Member Admin

There's an article here on Worklife@Home that points you to a great ongoing art class taught by the talented illustrator Wendy MacNaughton. She'll have your kids creating together for a while every day, and there's nothing to stop you from enjoying the class along with them! (Except ... uh ... laundry?)

https://worklifeathome.com/2020/04/05/artist-wendy-macnaughton-is-holding-free-art-classes-online/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2020 1:18 am
gabe liked

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: