fbpx

Join the Conversation

Notifications
Clear all

This site is still in beta testing so please excuse any performance issues. If you find a problem, by all means let us know in the "How can we make this site more useful" forum.  Thanks and enjoy!

What should I be watching?  

Kevin Consales
(@kevinc)

Now that I am working from home I can sneak in more TV time. What are some of the new/best shows that I should be bingeing?

Posted : 26/03/2020 5:17 pm
FreeAssociates
(@freeassoc)
Worklife@Home Team Admin

We finally got through the last season of Handmaid's Tale on Hulu, which is an amazing series if you haven't watched. 

Disney+ was giving away a year's trial with something or other — I think it came with the Apple Watch I got for Christmas? — so watched a couple of episodes of The Mandalorian, but haven't gotten hooked, despite adorable Baby Yoda.

I've heard rave reviews from both my kids about the new JK Simmons series Counterpart on Amazon Prime.

And Fleabag — also on Amazon — is pretty brilliant. Probably why it won all those Emmys.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2020 5:28 pm
Mariella liked
Mariella
(@mariella)

Agree with Josh. And have to emphasize how brilliant and insanely hilarious Fleabag is. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is not only an excellent writer, but she just steals every scene she's in when she's on camera.

Like documentaries? Then check out Don't F*ck With Cats. It is absolutely bonkers. Don't let the title fool you. It's disturbing as hell, yet spellbinding. Especially considering that it's all true! Chilled me to the bone.

Going make another recommendation: Legion. I feel like it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. I for one am NOT a fan of those Marvel superhero movies, but this show is quite the exception for that genre. It's such a beautiful slow burn. Intelligent, weird and trippy. The writing, music, sets, costumes, cinematography, VFX and editing are all perfection. So is the acting. Bravo to everyone involved with the show, and especially Noah Hawley for creating this gem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2020 5:30 pm
Lizzybeth liked
Lizzybeth
(@lizzybeth)

I loved Legion when I was watching it but I got sidetracked. Need to get back to it. It's great.

I also have to add a shout-out for a movie we stumbled onto over the weekend: Blow the Man Down. It's a wonderful little indie murder mystery about two young women who accidentally commit murder and discover the intricate connections behind what they've done. Takes place in a small town in Maine, and the acting is wonderful. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2020 6:55 pm
Kevin Consales
(@kevinc)

Don't F*ck with Cats was great, loved it! Also watched The Tiger King and I am now on to MINDHUNTER, witch is awesome!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2020 2:05 am
Nancy Tracy
 Nancy Tracy
(@Nancy Tracy)

I started binging BOSCH and Curb Your Enthusiasm from season 1.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2020 3:13 am
Chuck
 Chuck
(@Chuck)

Babylon Berlin - highly recommended. The first two seasons are great. The third (released in January) was a bit forced, but still eminently watchable.

Make sure you watch the subtitled German version and not the dubbed one (don't even know if that one is so available as it was terribly done). In any case, the show is both entertaining as hell and deeply disturbing. The most expensive European TV production ever, and it shows. Great photography, sets, and first-class performances.

Unfortunately, it's major theme - how you can slide toward fascism and barbarity but not quite see it until it's too late - is painfully relevant.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2020 4:03 am
flavia
(@flavia)

Atypical - not exactly "new" but it has two seasons, and soon a third on Netflix. It's about an autistic boy and his family. Every actor is SPOT ON and you'd think for such a sensitive topic as autism, it'd be a serious show, but in reality it's hilarious! So many laugh-out-loud moments. It's warm-hearted, deals with important human-interest stories, but pokes fun of itself. 

Babies - 6 part series on netflix that explores the experiments and research on baby development. Even if you don't have a baby, this series is interesting as heck. You definitely can't watch just one.

The English Game - As an enormous fan of Downtown Abbey I'm surprised I'm not getting into this more, 2 episodes in. Is anyone loving this show? Is it worth it to stick it out?

Game of Thrones - is anyone RE-bingeing this? Too soon?! ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2020 1:38 am
flavia
(@flavia)

@Nancy Tracy BOSCH is soooo, soo good. Season 6 debuts April 17th!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2020 1:40 am
Josh Freeman
(@joshf)
Member Admin

Not ready to rebinge GOT yet, but we're alternating between The Crown and Stranger Things, with dashes of A Late Show with Stephen Colbert whose broadcasts from home I'm finding charming, and whose celebrity interviews are suddenly much more intimate and revealing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2020 6:36 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: