fbpx

Join the Conversation

Notifications
Clear all

This site is still in beta testing so please excuse any performance issues. If you find a problem, by all means let us know in the "How can we make this site more useful" forum.  Thanks and enjoy!

Cooking work lunches at home  

gabe
 gabe
(@gabe)

I've found a great site for quick, tasty recipes -- perfect for working from home!

http://workweeklunch.com/

The Creamy Butternut Squash Curry Over Rice is particularly good!

Posted : 10/04/2020 5:52 am
Lizzybeth
(@lizzybeth)

Thank you, @gabe ! I hadn't heard of WorkWeekLunch before. I'll have to try it. 

But a friend tried Sun Basket, and I'd been thinking about checking out Freshly. Too many good choices! ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2020 1:36 am
gabe liked
flavia
(@flavia)

Anything in an Instant Pot! Make a vat of food to simply heat up all week. We make a ton of pinto beans (takes 1/2 hour) that we can use over rice, in quesadillas, etc. throughout the week. So easy and fast.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2020 9:42 pm
gabe liked
Josh Freeman
(@joshf)
Member Admin

Yes, I can vouch for the Instant Pot. At first it seemed like another stupid kitchen gadget, but that thing works! It's not instant (seems to take a while to build up steam) but once you get the hang of it, it makes really delicious meals.

My lovely wife made a thing over the weekend that's like an Italian strata, but with potatoes instead of bread. So think a sort of casserole with potatoes, onions, eggs, little chunks of meat, and lots of cheese on top. A brunch dish. Baked it about 45 minutes, and we've been eating it for days. So good! (So fattening, though. ????)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2020 5:30 am
gabe liked
gabe
 gabe
(@gabe)

@flavia I am really enjoying my roommate's Instant Pot these days lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2020 8:10 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email