Careers: Good Girls & Second Acts
Even after this pandemic is over and things return to “normal” — whatever that ends up looking like — many, many of us will still be working from home. And managers will have to figure out how to build strong, connected teams of folks who are located… well…everywhere and anywhere.
Meanwhile, high-achieving women everywhere are wondering, “Where do I go from here? How do I deal with kids, a spouse, a complex life — and still be the person I want to be?”
Kate Gigax is a certified Executive Coach, facilitator, and the founder of Development Corps, a group that helps its clients learn to live what they call “bigger versions” of their lives, whether that means getting unstuck at work — or becoming a stronger leader.
- managing your remote team well
- figuring out the Second Act of your career
- facing fear and self-doubt
- learning how you can thrive while being both vulnerable and valuable
- and lots of other career-oriented topics
Stuff we talk about:
- Brene Brown’s TED Talk on vulnerability
- Seth Godin’s Akimbo podcast where he discusses “dancing with the fear” (it’s in the Q&A segment starting at 21:28)
And if you like what you hear, please leave us a review. It’ll help other people find us. Thanks!
Music: Happy Theme by maxmakessounds and Atrium Loop by dpren used under standard Creative Commons attribution license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/